Author Topic: s2 epic ranger 2.0 dps on a necro.  (Read 665 times)

Offline Mobster

• Forum PVP Rep: +0/-0
  • In Game: : Mobster
s2 epic ranger 2.0 dps on a necro.
« on: January 10, 2017, 07:30:38 am »
Heres some ranger epic 2.0 dps vs a int caster/necro. Also beethoven is dirging people for 2000 dmg a bard.

https://imgbox.com/gallery/edit/sgQ8rDr8ht/y9jeIihfSRq7oKtn

11 points of dmg with ranger 2.0 woot.

Online Beethoven

• In Game: : Beethoven
Re: s2 epic ranger 2.0 dps on a necro.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 07:41:00 am »
Your afk buffbot got dirged for 2k.  Grats, new record

Offline alla

• In Game: : alla
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 07:44:57 am »
The balance of damage is incredibly out of whack with all the new items starting back with the introduction of the 1k5 items.  Rangers just aren't considered a DPS class, i blew a trueshot and for the entire duration i never hit a magician over 236 damage.  A lot of my arrows (Windstriker/fangs) landed for 46 damage.  Rangers are a support, that 700 heal is really nice for keeping your pals up, but other than the utility of a ranged stun proc and ensnares you're not doing much offensively.

I've bowed out of season2 but i'm eager to see what season3 will bring.  I came way too late in this season to enjoy the early season 'balance' that the leveling and gearing phase can be.

Offline Mobster

• In Game: : Mobster
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 08:13:47 am »
Yeah s2 is toast its just a box of necros and bards now. I was avg 200-400 vs casters now with the upgraded bow that cost 1950 pvp points hits casters for 1-90 dmg lol. BYE S2 it was fun.

Online Beethoven

• In Game: : Beethoven
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 08:32:46 am »
Bards plural?

Offline Volture

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 08:59:25 am »
I got my own post? Thanks man.

You know bows deal less damage on moving targets right?

Wait why am I wasting my time informing a racist homophobic piece of shit? Keep the tears flowing.

Offline Wamorm

• Forum PVP Rep: +9/-9
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 09:06:00 am »
I would be pretty upset too if I was on for 25 hours straight farming tickets only to find out its borked.

Then again rather than writing a qq post saying good bye I would put in a /bug to get dev to fix it since all the epic 2.0 seem to be fucked. Firenz has been saying forn2 days that with a 22 dmg wep his backstabs are down to like 200 dmg lol

Offline Firenze

• Forum PVP Rep: +0/-8
  • In Game: : Firenze
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 09:13:09 am »
I would be pretty upset too if I was on for 25 hours straight farming tickets only to find out its borked.

Then again rather than writing a qq post saying good bye I would put in a /bug to get dev to fix it since all the epic 2.0 seem to be fucked. Firenz has been saying forn2 days that with a 22 dmg wep his backstabs are down to like 200 dmg lol

Yep I bugged it, swapped my augs and taking a break until this get fixed.

This season was a blast anyway, really loved it.

Beside the 2.0s that are ( yet )game breaking for the most part, I think the point that really decreased the population is Caverns. sure this zone is great but its pvp free and let any bluebie farm his gear risk free.

Focusing the tickets in only 1 zone ( lets say velks ) would have made that a pvp hotspot anytime of the day

Offline deltree

• In Game: : Lovecraft/Sammas/Dhelve
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 10:53:12 am »
As far as the damage on the new bow, as others have said, /Bug it. Best way to get it addressed.

That bard stun coupled with 2 dirges is def rough, though.

Also noticed that crits either aren't working or not registering as a crit, but just as a high damage hit.  This was based off watching the damage on a monk with their new wep. Maybe just a client side issue?

Offline bennyrz

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 11:38:08 am »
  Rangers are a support, that 700 heal is really nice for keeping your pals up

Wait, rangers get a 700 heal? 300 more than pallys do? /anger

Offline Volture

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 11:45:56 am »
  Rangers are a support, that 700 heal is really nice for keeping your pals up

Wait, rangers get a 700 heal? 300 more than pallys do? /anger

Lol yea, they get a ranger specific aug that increases their healing by a big %, and during the fight Conor is talking about, he was outhealing my dps.

I mentioned pallies should be included on some of the healing augs, since literally every other healing class has access to them, but Dev said he didn't want pallies replacing clerics... so, no fucking idea what the plan is.

Offline deltree

• In Game: : Lovecraft/Sammas/Dhelve
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 12:13:35 pm »
Think the 750+ point heal focus shoulder has pally on it and pallies have access to greater heal as well. Didn't they also get some new group heals?

Offline alla

• In Game: : alla
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 12:27:06 pm »
Benny it's the same 400 point Greater Healing just with the750 point shoulders with the petorav (sp) healing focus.  Paladins can also get the shoulder, i know that.  it's the Ice Casters i think?  Ranger heal focus is less focus than the shoulder and oc foci dont stack.  The ranger healing aug is nice, if you were doing dozekar or something and getting better shoulders than the Ice Casters.

Further, i agree with Firenz on ticket farms.  There was definitely an imbalance in rapidity to gear a character.  We raided ToV for 10 hours with 7 players and we yielded about 20 drops, only 5 or 6 that were really wearable upgrades.  When we did the math and realized that had we spent those 10 hours farming tickets we could have all gotten a BIS upgrade we were a bit disappointed.

The focus for S2 (end game) might be raid for augs or possibly make the raid-content looted items have multiple aug slots.  Something that puts emphasis on this gear-plan.  That or possibly increase the lootdrops per raid target, IE: 5 per kill so that the whole crew gets geared that way.

I also think that player deaths need to drop points more in line with how fast they can be farmed.  A solid hour of nonstop killing on both sides with both sides having 'ranked' members yielded less than simply grinding light blue mobs in any of a number of zones. 

Offline Volture

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 12:29:12 pm »
Think the 750+ point heal focus shoulder has pally on it and pallies have access to greater heal as well. Didn't they also get some new group heals?

Yea they can use that cloak, but those healer augs with Beta Healing 30% and ranger one with  Beta Healing 20% stack with that I believe.

Offline konstance

• Forum PVP Rep: +2981/-0
  • In Game: : Konstance
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2017, 01:27:43 pm »
AFAIK they do NOT stack. Greater heal does 660 with priest shoulders.

Thus Pallies can also heal for 660.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 01:29:51 pm by konstance »

Offline Bhubbles

• In Game: : Zibby, Fitty, Winx
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2017, 03:07:49 pm »

Yep I bugged it, swapped my augs and taking a break until this get fixed.

This season was a blast anyway, really loved it.

Beside the 2.0s that are ( yet )game breaking for the most part, I think the point that really decreased the population is Caverns. sure this zone is great but its pvp free and let any bluebie farm his gear risk free.

Focusing the tickets in only 1 zone ( lets say velks ) would have made that a pvp hotspot anytime of the day

I agree with Firenze - had a blast this season...  Think Caverns of Exile is the only addition that I was not a fan of - really no pvp to be had in this zone - took more than a few deaths trying to find a way for winx to get over to the good side. 

I haven't been on to comment on the new epic's - the bard one does look like fun though.

Great time this season, thanks Dev and Image!

- Winx

Offline dbros

• In Game: : diamondbrothers
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2017, 03:58:11 pm »

i see a lot of frothing in this thread....

Offline deathticket

• In Game: : Fupa
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2017, 08:56:18 pm »
#prayforwarrens

Offline dbros

• In Game: : diamondbrothers
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2017, 02:44:40 am »

You don't like the items, don't buy them Mobster.

Alternatively, there are bugs apparently because the base minimum damage of all strikes seems to be very low side (melee 1hand and backstab alike both seem to be dealing a lower amount)

But its difficult to say.

Offline Firenze

• Forum PVP Rep: +0/-8
  • In Game: : Firenze
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2017, 02:56:47 am »

You don't like the items, don't buy them Mobster.

Alternatively, there are bugs apparently because the base minimum damage of all strikes seems to be very low side (melee 1hand and backstab alike both seem to be dealing a lower amount)

But its difficult to say.

Nothing is difficult to say .

I have logs / screen whatever you want of me hitting necros with shielding for an avergage of 40 dmg and backstabbing for an average of 200s ( when it doesnt miss )

So melees ( I ) are stuck dealing the same dmgs as a level 40 when casters get access to level 62/65 spells with 30 or 35 % focus on it. Dont wonder why there is no pvp atm.

'Legit' Kill Count (Past 24 Hours)
Evil Team

Good Team

Almost only casters kills